The Bata company ran a shoe store in the country around 1943. The entrepreneurial activities of the Bata organization in Benin were suspended in the 1980s.
- In 1943 Bata ran a store in the country called then Dahomey.
- In 1978, Bata S. A. Beninoise, an affiliated company, carried on business in the country.
- The activities of the Bata organization in Benin came to an end in 1985, with all stores having been shut down.
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Ivan Brož, Chlapi od Baťů, Prague 2002, ISBN 80-86328-04-X