The Bata organization had been conducting business in Burkina Faso since the mid-seventies of the last century; its activities came to an end ten years afterwards.
- In 1969, the Bata organization opened a new, modern factory in the country – Ouagadougou.
- In 1978, the Bata organization carried on business (production, sale) in the country.
- In 1978, the affiliated company Bata S. A. Voltaique did business in the country.
- The entrepreneurial activities of the Bata organization in Burkina Faso were suspended in 1988; the enterprises were sold.
- Bata’s organization’s operations in Burkina Faso ended in 1988 with the sale of businesses
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Alain Gatti, Chausser les hommes qui vont pieds nus, Metz 2004, ISBN 2-87692-619-9
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7