The Bata company expanded its business activities to Burundi from the neighbouring country of Belgian Congo, built shoe stores in the country, and, afterwards, continued to do business there for many years in the post-war decades.
- In 1938, Bata ran a store in the capital of Usumbura (Bujumbura).
- Around 1963, the Bata organization renewed its business (production, sale) in the country.
- In 1978, an affiliated company, namely Société Bata Bujumbura, Sparl, conducted business in the country.
- In 1992, the local entrepreneurial activities were managed by the company Bata Bujumbura, Bujumbura.
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravian Provincial Archives in Brno – State District Archive in Zlín, Czech Republic