Bata opened his first store in this country in 1932 and the company´s activity is documented in the next decades. Bata´s business in the area ended in 1970.
- In 1932, Bata started selling shoes in the then Gold Coast (British West Africa) in own sales network: the Akkra shop, sales points in Kumasi, Sekondi
- In 1938, 7 stores operated in country: Accra, Kumasi, Sekondi, Swedru, Kofirigua, Takoradi, Cape Coast, a shoe-repair workshop and a central warehouse
- In the 1940s, a written record of the company´s office in Akkra was found in the list of Bata companies; Information about the following years is missing
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko