The Bata company opened its stores in the country in 1938. An affiliated company was established there later. Business activities in the country stopped in 1989.
- In 1938, the Bata company was selling goods in two stores – Abidjan, Grand-Bassam.
- In 1956, the company put into operation a central warehouse and an office – Abidjan.
- In the 1960s, besides retail, business activities of Bata carried out in the Ivory Coast included also production in a modern factory built before 1969 – Abidjan; they received supplies from the tannery located in Rufisque, Senegal.
- In 1978, Bata S. A. Ivoirienne carried out business activities in the country.
- In 1989, the Bata organization closed operations in the country (Knotek, pp. 128).
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravian Provincial Archives in Brno – State District Archive in Zlín, Czech Republic