The Bata company owned a store in Libya already in the 1930s, but business in the country ended after a while as a consequence of the political reversals.
- In 1932, Tomas Bata established a shoe store in Tripolis; the shop was still in operation in the following years (1936)
- In the list of existing Bata companies (1962) the following company was registered: Bata (Libya) S.p.A. (Libya)
- As a result of the political events in the following years, Bata´s business in the country was terminated.
- Jaroslav Pospíšil – Hana Pospíšilová, Rub a líc baťovských sporů, Zlín 2012, ISBN 978-80-7473-037-5
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko