The Bata organization started its business activities in Niger in the 1970s and closed operations there in the following decade.
- In 1977, the Bata organization carried out entrepreneurial activities (production, retail) in the country; an affiliated company Bata S. A. Nigerienne (1978) operated there.
- In 1978, a new modern factory was launched.
- The operations of the Bata organization in Niger were suspended in 1986 by closing the business.
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Alain Gatti, Chausser les hommes qui vont pieds nus, Metz 2004, ISBN 2-87692-619-9
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7