The Bata company operated a shop in the country in 1938; an affiliated company was established there later. The Bata organization closed business in the country in 1985.
- In 1938 the Bata company run one store in Sierra Leone – Freetown.
- After the Second World War (1948) the business in the country was run by the Bata Western Organization.
- In 1978 the local affiliated company of the Bata organization was entitled Bata Shoe Company Sierra Leone Ltd.
- In 1985 the businesses run by the Bata organization in the country (production, retail) were sold.
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravian Provincial Archives in Brno – State District Archive in Zlín, Czech Republic