Bata Company started selling shoes here in the late 1930s, and continued its activities in the post-war decades.
- In 1938, Bata owned one store, in Bangui, in the then French Congo
- Around 1951, Bata´s organisation revived its operation in the country (production, sale)
- In 1978, the sister company Bata S.A. Congolaise operated in the Republic of Congo
- In 1987, the company was sold
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko