(A constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands)
Bata shoes were exported to the island of Curaçao in the late 1920s already, and, in the following decade, a Bata store was established. The Bata company remained present on the island in the following decades as well.
- In 1929, the Bata company exported 200 pairs of shoes to the island; in the following years, the export increased significantly – 10,000 pairs (in 1930), 99,000 pairs (in 1936), 253,000 pairs (in 1938).
- In 1938, one Bata store was in operation here, their number had grown to 2 by 1947.
- 1962 – the following companies were included in the list of historically existing Bata companies for this area:
- N.V. Wiabex (Dutch West Indies)
- N.V. Bata Handelmaatschappij voor de Antillen en Suriname (Dutch West Indies)
- Bata’s business activities continued in Curaçao after World War II (1955), with their centre being in Willemstad (1992 – Bata Curaçao, Willemstad).
- Z. Pokluda – J. Herman – M. Balaban, Baťa na všech kontinentech, Zlín 2020, ISBN 978-80-7454-928-1
- Jaroslav Pospíšil – Hana Pospíšilová, Rub a líc baťovských sporů, Zlín 2012, ISBN 978-80-7473-037-5
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko