The Bata Shoe Company started its activities in Guatemala by selling footwear and in 1940 production started. Nevertheless, the company business activities in Guatemala ceased after the Second World War.
- In the year 1930 the Bata Shoe Company exported just 200 pairs of shoes to Guatemala. In the following decade the export to Guatemala fluctuated, in 1932 it was 500 pairs; in 1936 – 2000 pairs, and in 1938 – 800 pairs.
- At the end of 1940 a sister company Compania Guatemalteca Incatecu with the capital of $100 000 was set up; under the Government concession it was permitted to build a factory for leather processing, and the production of leather and rubber goods.
- Around 1945 the Bata Shoe Company had a retail network of 18 stores in Guatemala.
- After the end of the Second World War, the Bata Company lost control of its company in Guatemala.
- In 1992 another enterprise was registered under the name Bata Guatemala in Guatemala City.
- Bohumil Lehár, Dějiny Baťova koncernu, Praha 1960
- Tomáš J. Baťa, Švec pro celý svět, Praha 1991
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko