Bata´s footwear was exported to the territory of today´s Guyana already in 1930, and the company later opened its stores there. Business continued in the country until the end of the twentieth century.
- In 1930 Bata exported 200 pairs of footwear to Guyana (British Guyana), the export increased in the following years – 13,000 pairs (in 1933) and 22,000 pairs (in 1938)
- In 1938 four Bata shops were located in the country
- Bata´s business continued in Guyana after World War II and lasted until 1993 (both production and sales)
- Bata Guyana, with its seat in Georgetown, was also a part of the Bata Shoe Organization in 1992
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko