Bata started to develop business activities in Mexico in the late 1950s; several factories and a network of stores were built over the years. The company carried out its entrepreneurial activities in Mexico also in the early 1990s.
- In the 1930s, the figures concerning the export of shoes produced by the Bata company from Mexico were low: 1,000 pairs (1932), 13,000 pairs (1933), 3,500 pairs (1937), 2,000 pairs (1939).
- In 1958, the Bata company carried out entrepreneurial activities in the country; the production expanded from a building originally intended only as a temporary factory to a total of 3 factories that employed 2,000 persons; the company operated a network of shops there.
- 1962 – according to historical record, the following Bata company was located on the territory of Mexico: Calzado Sandak S.A. (Mexico); in 1980, the company entitled Calzado Sandak, S. A. de C. V. operated in the country.
- In 1992, the following companies were recorded in Mexico:
- Calzado Sandak, Mexico City
- Calzado Sandak, Calpulalpan
- Calzado Sandak, Amecameca
- Coscorza S. A., Mexico
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Jaroslav Pospíšil – Hana Pospíšilová, Rub a líc baťovských sporů, Zlín 2012, ISBN 978-80-7473-037-5
- Tomáš J. Baťa, Shoemaker to the World, Prague 1991
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Archives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Prague, Czech Republic
- Moravian Provincial Archives in Brno – State District Archive in Zlín, Czech Republic