Shoes produced by the Bata company had been exported to Nicaragua from Zlín since the 1930s. An affiliated company including production and retail was established there by the Bata company in the 1960s.
- Export of shoes from Zlín had been recorded since 1930: 100 pairs (1930), 2,000 pairs (1932), 800 pairs (1937)
- In 1963, the Bata company carried out operations in Nicaragua; its business activities included retail and production of shoes.
- In 1980, an affiliated company Calzado Manica S. A. was registered in the country; it was recorded under the same name – Calzado Manica, Managua – in 1992.
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Tomáš J. Baťa, Shoemaker to the World, Prague 1991
- Moravian Provincial Archives in Brno – State District Archive in Zlín, Czech Republic