The export of footwear to Panama was registered in 1930 according to Bata´s own accounts and grew rapidly in the years to come. In the late 1930s, the company sold its products in several own stores. In the second half of the 20th century, the Bata Shoe Organization further developed its business in this country (1963–1986).
- In 1930, Bata exported to Panama 100 pairs of shoes annually. In the following years, exports grew significantly – 13,000 pairs (in 1934), 90,000 pairs (in 1937)
- In 1938, the firm had 3 stores in the cities of Panama and Colón (1940)
- 1962 – in the inventory of historically registered Bata companies, the following firm was registered in Panama: Overseas Manufacturing Corporation (Panama)
- In the years 1963 to 1986 the Bata Shoe Organization operated in Panama
- Jaroslav Pospíšil – Hana Pospíšilová, Rub a líc baťovských sporů, Zlín 2012, ISBN 978-80-7473-037-5
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko