Main activities of the Bata company in Bangladesh were concentrated in the factory in Tongi.
- In 1971, when Bangladesh achieved independence, the Bata company conducted business on the territory of this state; it referred to a factory situated in Tongi near Dhaka
- Business was conducted in the affiliated company Bata Shoe Company (Bangladesh) Ltd. (1980)
- In 1992, the below-mentioned Bata-owned enterprises were run in Bangladesh:
- Bata Bangladesh, Dhaka
- Branch Factory, Dhamrai
- Alain Gatti, Chausser les hommes qui vont pieds nus, Metz 2004, ISBN 2-87692-619-9
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7