Bata had several shops in 1932 in the territory of present-day Syria, and operated in the country until 1968.
- The export of the Bata shoes zo the territory of the French mandate of Syria (present-day Syria and Lebanon) can be traced to the end of 1920s, while gradually increasing: 6,000 pairs (in 1928), 39,000 pairs (in 1931), 40,000 pairs (in1936),
- In 1932 the company had its stores in Damascus, Aleppo and Homs. In 1939 the number of stores increased, there were two in Damascus, two in Aleppo, one in Homs
- Bata operated in Syria until 1968
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko