Entrepreneurial activities in Australia were started by the Bata company around 1960, with an affiliated company having been established there. The opening of a shoemaking factory followed immediately afterwards.
- Around 1960, the Bata organization developed business activities in Australie (production, wholesale).
- In 1961, a new shoemaking factory situated to the south of Melbourne – Seaford (Mornington) – started production.
- 1962 – Bata Shoe Company of Australia Pty. Ltd. (Australia) has been included in the list of Bata-owned companies situated on the territory of Australia according to historical records; the company was registered under the same name in 1978 as well.
- In 1992, Bata Australia, Mornington, a Bata-owned company, conducted business in Australia.
- Jaroslav Pospíšil – Hana Pospíšilová, Rub a líc baťovských sporů, Zlín 2012, ISBN 978-80-7473-037-5
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7