The Bata organization set up business in New Zealand around 1948; the local shoemaking factory gradually expanded its activities.
- Around 1948 the Bata organization started business in New Zealand (production).
- In 1959, the local shoemaking factory expanded its activities.
- 1962 – according to historical record, the following companies were located on the territory of New Zealand: Bata Company (N.Z.) Ltd. (New Zealand); Combined Agencies Company Limited (New Zealand).
- In 1992, Bata New Zealand, Wellington, operated in the country.
- Batapur Course Review, 1959
- Jaroslav Pospíšil – Hana Pospíšilová, Rub a líc baťovských sporů, Zlín 2012, ISBN 978-80-7473-037-5
- Thomas J. Bata, Remembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7