The export of Bata footwear to Finland started at the end of the 1920s; a sister company was established in order to boost the sales and a store was opened, which was nevertheless closed soon after that.
- At the turn of the 1920s/1930s the export of Bata shoes to Finland increased: from 14,000 pairs in 1928, to 28,000 pairs three years later in 1931.
- In the year 1931 a company Bata Kenkä O/Y Sko A/B, Helsinki was established.
- In the spring of 1933 a Bata store in Helsinki opened and was closed at end of 1932, after just 1.5 year its existence.
- However, at the end of the 1930s, the export to Finland increased reaching 97,000 pairs of shoes, while 3 years earlier in 1935 it was only 14,000 pairs of footwear.
- Bohumil Lehár, Dějiny Baťova koncernu, Praha 1960
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko