The first Bata shop in Malta (1932) was soon followed by others, and in 1939 there were eight stores on the island. The affiliation of the local sister company reached to the West African territories of the British Empire.
- In 1932, the Bata shop – Valletta operated on the island
- In 1938, a sister company Bata Shoe Comp. Overseas Ltd., La Valetta was established; the Bata sales organization, through its Maltese company, operated in the region of Malta and British West Africa (Gambia, Sierra Leone, Gold Coast, Nigeria)
- In 1938, there were three shops in operation, one year later this number increased to eight
- 1962 – the following companies were listed in the register of existing Bata companies for the island: The Bata Shoe Company Overseas Limited (Malta)
- Bohumil Lehár, Dějiny Baťova koncernu, Praha 1960
- Jaroslav Pospíšil – Hana Pospíšilová, Rub a líc baťovských sporů, Zlín 2012, ISBN 978-80-7473-037-5
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko