The first Bata stores were opened in Spain in 1932. The sister companies were also founded later and the business of Bata organization still lasts today.
- In 1932 Bata opened two stores in the Canary Islands – Las Palmas, St. Cruz de Tenerife
- In 1939, the sales network on Canary Islands consisted of the following outlets: Las Palmas, St. Cruz de Tenerife, Puerto de La Luz, La Palma, La Laguna. There were also two stores in the then Spanish Morocco: Ceuta, Melilla
- Around 1962, the enterprising of the Bata´s organization revived in Spain (sales network)
- In 1978, the sister company Avila S. A. was operating in the country; in 1992, in Spain there were two Bata companies: Avila, Alicante; Bata Española, Alicante
- Moravský zemský archiv v Brně – Státní okresní archiv Zlín, Česko
- Bata, The Bata Shoe Organisation, 1978
- Thomas J. Bata, Remmembered, Zlín 2016, ISBN 978-80-7473-398-7